The very word strikes fear into the hearts of insomniacs everywhere. But what is this hormone, and why does it have the power to render us mere mortals sleepless? In short, melatonin is a hormone that our bodies produce naturally to regulate our sleep cycles.
As we get older, our bodies produce less and less melatonin, which is why seniors are more likely to wake up during the night and have difficulty falling back asleep.
That's where supplements come in.
By taking a daily melatonin supplement, we can help our bodies regulate our sleep cycles and get the restful night's sleep we so desperately crave. But with so many options on the market, how do you choose a good supplement? Keep reading to find out!
What to Look for in a Good Melatonin Supplement: A Checklist
When you're looking for a good melatonin supplement, there are a few things you'll want to keep in mind. Here's a quick checklist of what to look for:
- Make sure the supplement contains at least 3 mg of melatonin. Anything less than that isn't likely to be effective.
- Check the other ingredients in the supplement. If you're sensitive to any of them, or if you're taking any medications that could interact with them, it's best to avoid that particular supplement.
- Check reviews from other customers. Have they had success with the supplement? Are they happy with the results?
- Compare prices between different brands and read the fine print. Some supplements are more expensive because they come in larger doses or have additional features like time-release formulas.
- When in doubt, consult with your doctor. They'll be able to tell you if a particular supplement is right for you based on your health history and any other medications you're taking.
Why Amazon? : Comparing Supplement Brands
There are countless brands selling melatonin supplements on Amazon, so how do you know which one is right for you? Here are a few things to consider when comparing brands:
- Formulation: Does the brand offer different formulations like tablets, gummies, or liquids?
- Dose: How much melatonin is in each serving?
- Price: Is the price per bottle reasonable? Are there any deals or coupons available?
- Customer reviews: What are people saying about the brand? Are they happy with the results?
When it comes to finding a good melatonin supplement, there are a few things you'll want to keep in mind. Make sure the supplement contains at least 3 mg of melatonin and check the other ingredients to ensure you're not allergic or sensitive to any of them. You'll also want to read reviews from other customers and compare prices between different brands before making your final decision.
And when in doubt, always consult with your doctor first! They'll be able to help you determine if taking a melatonin supplement is right for you based on your unique health needs.
There is no doubt that melatonin is a useful supplement, but making sure that you get the right kind in the right format for your needs is key. Keep reading to find out more...
Thanks for stopping by!
The WOW Factor One Review at a Time
Legal Disclaimer: Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Affiliate Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. In no way does this affect the price you pay for products on Amazon. Thank you for your support.